Animation: Analysed uses a detailed system to rate its animated films. Points are given for several categories – Animation Quality, Plot Quality, Emotional Level, Maturity Level, Characters, Dialogue, Music, Message, and Enjoyability – on a scale of 0 to 5.
- Animation Quality – how good the animation is.
- Plot Quality – how well-written the story is.
- Emotional Level – measures the level of emotion in the film.
- Maturity Level – measures the level of maturity of each film.
- Characters – how well-crafted the personalities of the characters are.
- Dialogue – indicates how good the dialogue of the characters is.
- Music – what the quality of the soundtrack is – both the score and the songs are judged.
- Message – does the film have a greater theme about the real world?
- Enjoyability – how much fun the film is to watch.
The points are then added up to give a total out of 45, which is then converted to a score out of 10 to one decimal place. A verdict will be given at the end, summing up the quality of the film in a brief statement.
2-2.9 Very Poor
4-4.9 Below Average
Guests are encouraged to add their own reviews and ratings in the Comments for each review. This will help create a Public Average rating for each reviewed film.